Call for Artists!
The Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild, a nonprofit organization based in Raleigh, North Carolina, since 1970 has hosted a profitable marketplace for the finest contemporary craft being made in the U.S.
Emerging and career fine craft artists who are creating work that reflects a mastery of technique and originality of design in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply: glass, ceramics, wood, both wearable and decorative fibers, metal, leather, basketry, printmaking, photography and 2-D and 3-D mixed media, as well as one-of-a-kind handmade furniture and both precious and semi-precious jewelry. Applications accepted until midnight on April 30, 2016.
Read our call for artists and submit your fine craft artist application
by clicking here:
Our 47th annual indoor show this November provides a premier showcase for CDCG Exhibiting Artist Members and provisional artists in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. The Carolina Artisan Craft Market is a trusted resource for art collectors and first-time buyers looking for unique handmade craft!
Carolina Artisan Craft Market
November 11 – 13, 2016
Raleigh Convention Center
AT A GLANCE:
- Media partnerships with social media, radio, television and regional weekly newspapers
- Strong and affluent region that draws attendees from multiple counties across North Carolina
- Known for high-quality juried artists and qualified attendees (approx. 5000+)
- Covered load in/load out with 9 loading docks connected directly to the exhibit hall with early set up available on Thursday
- Friendly, organized and supportive staff and volunteers
- CarolinaDesignerCraftsmen.com displays artist profiles, schedules, directions & maps, and supporting membership information; Facebook (Carolina Designer Craftsmen), Twitter (NC Crafts Guild) and Instagram (CarolinaDesignerCraft) accounts provide additional up-to-date promotions and images.
- Indoor contemporary venue provides a climate controlled festive shopping experience
- 6 merit awards with cash prizes totaling $2,950
- With 98% of exhibiting artists reporting in 2015, 70% of the artists rated weekend sales “Good” to “Excellent” while 77% of the artists reported their experience “Good” to “Excellent”