Call for Artists!
Since 1970, the Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild, a nonprofit organization based in Raleigh, NC, has hosted a profitable marketplace for the finest contemporary crafts in the United States. Our annual indoor show provides a premier showcase for CDCG Exhibiting Artist Members and provisional artist members in one of the fastest growing regions in our country.
2017 marks the 48th year of the Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild’s annual November event. The Carolina Artisan Craft Market is a trusted resource for art collectors and first-time buyers looking for the finest contemporary and traditional craft being made in America.
Artists present a striking variety of glass, ceramics, wood, both wearable and decorative fibers, metal, leather, basketry, printmaking, photography and 2-D and 3-D mixed media, as well as one-of-a-kind handmade furniture and jewelry.
Emerging and career craft artists who are presenting craft at the highest level – reflecting a mastery of technique and originality of design – are encouraged to apply.
Applications accepted until midnight on April 30, 2017.
Read our call for artists and submit your fine craft artist application
by clicking here: CDCG prospectus at ZAPPlication.com
Carolina Artisan Craft Market
November 10 – 12, 2017
Raleigh Convention Center, downtown Raleigh, NC
AT A GLANCE:
- Media partnerships with social media, radio, television and regional weekly newspapers
- Strong and affluent region that draws attendees from multiple counties across North Carolina
- Known for high-quality juried artists and qualified attendees (approx. 4000+)
- Covered load in/load out with 9 loading docks connected directly to the exhibit hall with early set up available on Thursday
- Friendly, organized and supportive staff and volunteers
- CarolinaDesignerCraftsmen.com displays artist profiles, schedules, directions & maps, and supporting membership information; Facebook (Carolina Designer Craftsmen), Twitter (NC Crafts Guild) and Instagram (CarolinaDesignerCraft) accounts provide additional up-to-date promotions and images.
- Indoor contemporary venue provides a climate controlled festive shopping experience
- 5 merit awards with cash prizes totaling $2,750
- With 99% of exhibiting artists reporting in 2016, 73% of the artists reported their experience “Good” to “Excellent” while 60% of the artists rated weekend sales “Good” to “Excellent”