CAROLINA ARTISAN CRAFT MARKET is the annual show and marketplace for fine craft being designed and created in the US today. Hosted by the Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild, this 46th annual event will take place in the Raleigh Convention Center Exhibit Hall B this weekend, November 6 – 8, 2015.
Here’s an overview of what you need to know in five quick facts about the Carolina Artisan Craft Market.
1. Expect to see a lot of fine craft, both functional and decorative—and variety of media represented. The Market features artists presenting an eclectic body of art with a variety of media represented including: glass, pottery, wood, basketry, wearable and decorative fiber, metal, leather, photography, printmaking and mixed media, as well as furniture and jewelry.
2. The Market represents the finest craft being made in America today. More than 110 artists from across North Carolina and the U.S. will converge in Raleigh for this annual juried show and market.
Professionals like Woodworker and Instrument Maker Archie Smith and Jeweler Klaus Spies were chosen this year to present their work in the Smithsonian Art Museum Craft Show.
What sets the Carolina Designer Craftsmen Guild apart? 2015 Juror Linda Johnson Dougherty says, “The consistently high level of quality—both in craftsmanship and aesthetic design.” From our master fine craft artists to those who are emerging on the scene, at the Carolina Artisan Craft Market you’ll find artists whose knowledge of materials intersects with creative and experimental techniques along with traditional craft and design foundations.
3. There’s a stellar live music line up too!
4. This is the start of a new cultural tradition in downtown Raleigh – fine craft, artist demonstrations and live music. Since 1970 the Guild has contributed to Raleigh’s flourishing reputation as The Southern Capital of Arts and Culture. Leading in the promotion of outstanding design and craftsmanship, education and appreciation of fine craft, the Guild has hosted this annual event in Raleigh for 45 years – supporting career artists and making a local investment in our community.
In it’s 46th year, the Guild brings its prestigious juried designer craft show and marketplace to downtown Raleigh. The arts industry and creative class continue to grow in Raleigh – lead by a vibrant artist community – and the Guild is contributing with this cherished event.
5. Here are the details for attending the event:
Price: $7 for a single day ticket, $10 for a weekend pass, and free for kids age 15 and under with a paid adult accompanying. Get tickets here for the Carolina Artisan Craft Market.
Hours: Fri, 5PM – 10PM, Sat, 10AM – 6PM, and Sun, 11AM – 5PM.
Venue: Raleigh Convention Center Exhibit Hall, 500 S. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27601